Freaking South!

So I sit here with my delicious whiskey and coke, getting my daily dose of internet surfingh and a wave of sadness has overcome me. Is cross season really over? You gotta be kidding me! It seems like it just started. I keep seeing all the pics from all the rad races still going on around the country and i grow envious. While the southeast has its advantages, 70+ degrees yesterday.... it lack a certain cult cross following.

So i began skimming over my iCal to see if there is anything races left. Winston Salem, NC this weekend then nothing untill the NC winter series starts on January 9th (all the winter series is an average of 3 hours from home, LAME!)The problem is the majority of the Hoff cross crew has already paid their dues for Southern Cross on the 9th, which I am pumped about, but I feel I didn't get my fair share of cross racing this season. People seem to get and average of at least 10 or more while I only got in maybe 7...
To sum up what i thought of this season.... I feel fairly good about my first season with the 3s. Having some good results here and there but also some not so good results (im wont get into the details, id rather not relive those races). 1) I feel I know definitely what needs to be worked on, Starts! I had several bad starts this season that I feel cost me some crucial spots. 2) Tubies are rad! 3) Finally having a crew to roll with is awesome! I'm glad cross has gained popularity with the Hoff kids. Thanks guys!

I miss cross already!!!

1 comment:

Snacks said...

Kentucky's state championships are coming up this weekend...