Slop Fest in Charlotte

aka Charlotte Short Track Series Race #1

Sunday's short track race in Charlotte proved to be quite the mud fest. Buckets of rain were dumped on the Carolinas Saturday making for a delightfully muddy course. The rain only let up during our (the single speed) race. The only sections not covered by slick peanut butter mud were those covered in gravel. This being my first short track race, I quickly found out that gearing for short track and gearing for everyday riding or a 12 hour race aren't even close! The last time I remember spinning that fast was on my first fixed gear commute. I will admit that I enjoyed this kind of race more than I expected. Will I do another? Who knows? I will tell you that I will NOT be running the same gear!

2 comments:

Spankye said...

kyles bike looks just like the day i sold it to him...

The Ghost of Jerry Reed said...

zing! the skinsuit was a nice touch! who are you, todd wells??