Colorado CX Numero Dos

SO attempt #2 at CO cross racin went slightly better than the week before. Mo Diggity was in town to visit and I surprised her with her first cross race experience. I was lucky to have her to help me out with hand ups which proved to be crucial since the race was much like last week, dry, dusty and hot. I had a great start, sitting maybe 10-12ish and kept it up for the first two laps. I made two big dismount mistakes that proved to hurt me pretty bad. There was a fast straight section leading into 3 down telephone poles. I went it hot, seeing that I was a bit faster than the guys in front of me through that section. Unfortunately, my left foot did not want to come out of the pedal and I ended eating shit quite hard. My bike took a pretty significant hit, resulting in my from brake permanently rubbing HARD. I decided to pedal on until I reached the paved finishing section. I hit the pavement dismounted and gave the brake a good smack which seemed to do the trick although by that point 10-12 dudes must have passed by me. The legs and lungs definitely felt better this time around and I was able to make it back a bit and passed a few guys. I ended up 24th out of about 40 which I'm still some what disappointed with but I suppose it's a step in the right direction and I'm learning with every race. Hopefully I'll only be moving up from now on. Knock on wood.
Mo was kind enough to snap some pics and provide much needed hydration. (no it's not blurry, it was that dusty)
Although she didn't have to snap this one....As a thank you we took a trip into Denver to check out the Denver Zoo. Check out some pics of the animals here
We also took a drive up to see the remains of the Fourmile Canyon Fire. This photo really doesn't do the fire justice...
Crazy picture, diesel fuel tank=miss, house=hit, church=miss...
Definitely a fairly decent weekend. I missed my mother dearest....

No comments: