The weather outside was frightful

What to do when stuck at home all by your lonesome self? Go ride, what else!

Willey (Will the G and Kelly Fish) decided to get the heck out of dodge and enjoy a little holiday couples retreat of their own, leaving me with and empty house and an empty schedule. Now most of the southeast was being blanketed with snow (12 inches in VA according to my mother) Friday and Saturday morning, Columbia instead was greeted with buckets of rain. I wasn't about to let this ruin my plans of getting in a long day of riding (I mean what the hell else was I suppose to do?). So I sucked it up, finally broke out some cold weather gear and heading out around 8am on Saturday morning.

Now I feel I need to give props to my Craft WS Thermal Jacket (nice early Christmas present) and my Gaerne Eskimo boots. They proved to be well worth it. I wore a short sleeve pro zero base layer and was all good, didn't feel a thing. I also wore plain DeFeet Aireator socks and made it about 2.5 hours before the typical toe numbness set in. I assume with a smarter sock choice I would have made it the whole ride with no discomfort at all, next time I'll know.
rad crotch shot i know...

Now to be clear...
I'm sure some who read this will think I'm just a super woos but when I woke up Saturday morning it was 35 and still somewhat misting and by the time I was done the temperature had climbed to a whopping 40 degrees. So just keep that in mind when you think it never gets cold in SC.
So I am now a total believer in winter jackets and boots instead of multiple heavy and obnoxious layers. Look into it, its worth it....